Thursday, February 6, 2014

Locked out by Dad

I always thought that I was Dad's favorite and that he loved me. But last night, he did something very mean to me. We were downstairs, watching tv and snuggling. He likes to use me as a blanket to keep him warm as  I (no pun intended) am a hot dog. It was finally time to go to bed, he took me out for a walk. I was excited to walk! It was brisk out with all kinds of good smells. It was not my fault that he did not put on a coat and was cold. I was fine and enjoying the outside. He dragged me inside and took off my collar and leash. Then he told me to go up to my crate. I decided to wait for him as sometimes he likes to chase me up the stairs saying "I'm gonna getcha!".  But Dad was cranky and pushed my bottom to make me go upstairs. Obedient dog that I am, I ran upstairs and went into the bedroom. I was sniffing around under the bed before getting into my crate and eating my cookie when the horrible event happened. Dad came upstairs and locked my crate-but-I WAS NOT in it! Dad locked me out of my crate! I could see my cookie inside the crate waiting for me! I whimpered softly and tried to open the crate with my paw. That didn't work. Finally Dad got up and turned on the light. He came over and looked at me sitting sadly staring at my cookie. He opened the door and let me in, and then locked the crate. Mom told him how mean he was to lock me outside of my crate.
        This morning when we got up, Mom and I went for a long walk. I explored all the snow mountains outside and climbed to the top of Mount Mecki to survey everything. Then I found a huge cave and stuck my head down into it. It was very deep and Mom was afraid that I would tumble to the center of the earth, but I have good balance. Then I had to skirt around the cavern and almost tumbled in when my back paw found only air to step on, but I recovered and hoped Mom hadn't noticed. When we got home, she let me run around in the backyard but lured me inside with another of Aunt Carol's bacon/peanut butter treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment