Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Revenge

Saturday was a pretty horrible day in our house. Bastille was in his pen and I was relaxing in the living room when I noticed that Dad seemed to be on a mission. All of a sudden he grabbed me and brought me into the bathroom. Being that the bathroom is generally off limits, being suddenly invited into it can only mean one thing. A BATH! As you well know (if you read my blog), I am NOT a big fan of water-except for drinking, ice cubes and snow. I had spent a great deal of time perfecting my smell. I had been digging holes in the backyard with Bastille, rolling around with Bastille and generally insuring that I smelled great. Well Dad put an end to that. He put me in the bathtub and used the medicated soap. That made the bath last even longer. First I have to have shampoo on me for 10 minutes, then a rinse, then 10 minutes of conditioning. It was horrible. When Dad finally let me out, I wandered sadly into the kitchen, completely depressed. That only lasted a minute though, cause I saw Dad going over to Bastille who he grabbed and brought into the bathroom. Hurrah I thought , at least the little monster will suffer too!
And suffer I did! Mecki had told me all about baths, and Mom had stuck me in the sink for a bath once! They are horrible! I thought I smelled quite good. Mecki had drooled on me a lot and I had been digging and rolling in the backyard, so I was not quite so white as before. Dad tossed me in the bathtub and gave me a bath with puppy soap! Then  he put me in the kitchen with Mecki to dry off. This is when we plotted our revenge. Or mostly I plotted while Mecki listened. And our revenge took place yesterday and was glorious!
    Yesterday, Dad came home at lunch to fix the back door. He took the chair that Mom put by my pen (which stops me from jumping out-yes, I CAN climb over 2ft high walls with ease!). He sat on the chair to fix the door, then let us play outside for a while. When he left, he forgot to a) put the chair back and b) put up the kitchen gate! Success is mine, I barked, or as Mom says quacked, to Mecki as I clambered out of my pen. Mecki and I spend the entire afternoon playing in the living room and hallway. I drank all of Mecki's water and then watered the floor. I also ate Mecki's food. When we  heard Dad's key in the door, we both ran over to say hi. Wasn't he surprised! Mom came home a few minutes later, she was NOT amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment