Friday, April 22, 2016

Dog Days (but only for SOME!)

Last saturday was a very very sad day for me. I was in the kitchen when I heard Mecki get very excited. I ran to peer through the gate and saw Mom putting a harness on him. Hmm, I thought, usually I am the only one with a harness. Well apparently it was Dog Days at Mecki's friend Rigby's estate and due to this photo below...I was not going :

The photo, which as you can see, is Dad with some people I don't know. Dad was not going to Dog Days so neither could I. Shockingly, Mom picked Mecki over me! I am her favorite! Or so I thought. But lately, to be honest, I have been trying to bond with Dad. Mom took some photos of me all snuggled up to Dad. I think she is jealous and that is why she took Mecki! When they came back, both Mom and Mecki smelled like Rigby! And Mecki was so tired that he collapsed on the floor and didn't move for the rest of the day/night! Even when I jumped all over him and sat on him, he would not play. I was allowed to go last year, Dad walked me around (and Mom stuck me in a tree! But I liked that-it put me up higher and I could survey the territory).

But Mom still dragged me out for our walk. Also, to add insult to injury, Mecki won't sleep upstairs with us! Mom and I go up to bed like normal. I get my cookie and squawk if she doesn't turn out the lights quickly enough. Dad comes up, but Mecki stays downstairs and sleeps on the couch or the bed.

Mom said that I need braces! How rude! The photo below is my offended look!
Saturday was a good day. I could tell as soon as I saw Mom holding my harness. The harness always means fun!  I started barking then and didn't stop until we rolled into the parking lot at Old Westbury Gardens! Once I got out of the car, though, I got nervous (plus the gravel hurt my paws so I lay down) and Mom had to pick me up and carry me to the lawn. Once there, I dragged her up the hill to Rigby's wall. I sniffed around and a small boy came by and gave me a belly rub, which was AWESOME! Then I saw Rigby and Grace! I started barking again! Rigby came over and I bounced around him. Mom gave us some carrots and apple (healthy food!) but Grace had tasty doggy cookies!
  So lets talk about Mom and Grace. Mom always takes rude photos of me! Grace is much better at photographing the "real" me. Here's some examples of Mom's photos:
 Obviously not a great photo of my superphotogenic friend, Rigby! Mom forgot to give him a cookie after the click-he is displeased! Although he did like eating my apples and carrots!

 Pictures of my back-Mom is very good at getting those!
 Now here is a magnificent photo of me, taken , of course, by Grace! You can't get any more adorable than that!



Here are some ok photos that Mom took. This is Rigby and me by Rigby's wall. We are already exhausted!

 Rigby, looking fashionable as usual.
All in all, it was an awesome day! Especially since Bastille didn't come! That way he couldn't push me out of the way, and sit or step on me with his bad manners! Plus Mom did not put me in a tree although there was talk of putting Rigby in the tree. When we got home, I was so tired that I collapsed on the floor and didn't even attempt to drag Bastille around by a leg. I think Rigby had fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment