Monday, September 23, 2013

Emulating my ancestors

Mom changed my food. I was hoping for a cheese and bacon diet but Mom is too smart for that. Or so she thinks. She really should have payed more attention to what she was switching me too. Before, I was eating Chicken and Rice. It was very very boring. Basically I would eat whatever additions Mom put on top (like real rice, pieces of apple or carrots -or if I was especially lucky and Dad was making dinner-Meat Juice-from whatever meat he had cooked that was resting on a plate). Mom was wondering if my food had anything to do with my allergies (she should have been more concerned about how food relates to my personality) so she switched me to a Wilderness formula-Salmon -with no grains. The cover of the bag has a big WOLF on it, and this new food is really good. She tried to fake me out by mixing it with my Chicken and rice, but I just eat all the new kibble first and leave the old food for later. I don't know if it's helping my allergies but it tastes great and it is really bringing out my inner Wolf! I have been howling a lot more lately and acting like a wild ferocious beast!
   Yesterday Mom and I went for a walk. We met a small boy who asked what kind of dog I was . Mom told him what I was and told him he could pet me if he wanted as I was very friendly. So he petted me and said that he was getting a dog in two years when he turns 11. I was my normal friendly self, until he went inside. Then the inner wolf snarled his way out. Mom wanted to keep walking, but the wolf did NOT! I turned and grabbed Mom's pants cuff and chomped on them, growling and pulling. Then I ran around in a circle at the end of my leash and ended with a crocodile death roll, hurling myself down on the ground. Mom was horrified! Which is what I was going for. She told me we were going home, so I got up and dragged her across the street towards the house. I was still feeling wolfish though, and when we got to the front yard, I started running in all direction to the end of my leash, then I grabbed Mom's cuffs again and started pulling and growling. Then, I made a slight error in my attack. Instead of grabbing Mom's cuff, I might have accidentaly chomped on Mom's ankle. She yelled in horror and surprise, and I lay down (slightly shocked at what I had done). She took me inside and told Dad what I did. He grabbed me, told me I was bad and "sprayed" some binaca in my mouth. Binaca does not taste good at all. I was forced to wipe it all off on the carpet. Mom felt kinda bad as she should.
   Later that night, I was feeling wolfish again, or at least feeling like I should be a lone wolf. So I refused to hang out with Mom and Dad. Instead I went and lay with my head in the kitchen ( so I couldn't see them) and howled like I was all alone in the world. Mom and Dad tried to tempt me back into their pack with treats. I went and ate their treats but then went back into the kitchen and howled. It is hard and lonely being a wolf!

No comments:

Post a Comment