Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bugging Mom

So, apparently Mom (who constantly tells me how lazy I am) is way too lazy to blog about me lately. She obviously thinks that she is already on vacation! But Dad said that she is still around for 2 more weeks so today I barked at her until she blogged! So much has happened and been forgotten since she blogged last. She went on a mini vacation to visit Aunt Jeanette and I reclaimed my rightful spot in the bed (next to Dad!). I got to snuggle and be his back warmer for 3 whole days. Then Mom returned and said that I am NOT allowed in the bed cause I am too bouncy. Dad stuck up for me and said that I just curl up and go to sleep, not that Mom believed him (plus Dad falls asleep instantly and I can sit on his head (and I have) without him knowing). Mom" relented" and let Dad put me in the bed one night. She relented in that she was kinda sleeping but she did NOT say no! I ran up to her and licked her whole face! Who knew that Mom did not like to be awakened in this manner! Dad lay down and fell asleep. I bounced around the bed-mostly cause Mom was in MY spot! She wouldn't move so I started barking at her. All she had to do was move, but no, she got mad and scooped me up and put me in my crate. She did give me my cookie though.
   The next couple of days I decided to be mean to her. I don't want to go to bed when she goes to bed. I want to stay up with Dad! So whenever she brought me up, I would start whining the instant she put me in my crate. She would hold out for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour but eventually she would get up, take me out and send me down to Dad. Dad and I have a lot of fun  "fighting the dawn". We stay up late and watch tv and have snacks. Mom doesn't know what she's missing.
   Since it's not so hot out, Mom and I have been going for longer walks. This was NOT something I wanted at all! I think she is just using me as an excuse to walk a lot! I don't know how Dad avoids going on these long treks with her! Anyway at least these walks give me a chance to see my friends. I saw Chief from across the street who still does not like me, I don't know why. I got to see my HUGE friend Max next door and my little friend Lilly who lives next door to Max. I got to see my friend Molly who lives down the street too! And I got to meet a new friend, Brooklyn (her Dad is friends with my Uncle Rob!).
   Mom said we should also discuss my new found obsession with the "upstairs". It's not like I am unaware of the upstairs, after all, my condo is up there along with AT's room! It's just that I suddenly realized that if Mom is doing the dishes and I am free ranging, there is no reason not to go upstairs and create havoc. I am very quiet and sneaky when doing it to, and Mom (and sometimes Dad) don't realize what I have done until they realize how quiet it is. Then they come hunting for me.However, this takes some time so I can do a lot of damage before the come up. So far I 've been in the garbage 3 times, eaten half a sock and even worse (at least for Mom) got into the laundry basket of clean clothes and ate Mom's underwear! Now they are on to me and put a big piece of cardboard on the stairs to stop me.  The best part of being found upstairs is that I still refuse to walk upstairs with Mom and night-I flop on the floor and make her carry me! Mom is complaining that she is exhausted after this long blog and will not type any more. Oh well, at least she can blog for 2 more weeks about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment