Monday, October 7, 2013

Safety first

Today is Mom's last blog for a couple of weeks as she is going away and Dad is too busy to blog. I for one am glad she is going cause lately I fear for my life with her around. It started a couple of weeks ago...
   Usually I am in charge of my concussions. As my head is the hardest part of my body, I do not hesitate to use it for crashing into things and bumping things! I run like a mad dog down the hallway and crash into the wall. That is how I roll. But one morning Mom decided to give me a concussion. She let me out of my condo and put on my collar and leash. I responded by grabbing a sock and running around with it, forgetting that I was on my leash and catchable. Mom cut to the chase, said HAHA! and stepped on my leash. As I was running, this forced me up short and propelled me into the door with a loud thud! Mom was horrified, but I walked it off.
  Today however, we came very close to needing an ambulance! Mom was emptying out Mr. Freckles tub of water in the backyard as she is going away and wanted to give him a clean home. She was scooping out his water with a  smaller bucket and dumping it in the tomato garden. She got to the bottom and there was NO MR. FRECKLES! Mom was wondering if a bird or a cat had gotten him when she heard a small splashing noise. She had accidently dumped Mr. Freckles in the tomato garden! Or so she says. She grabbed Mr. Freckles and dumped him into some water.  She cleaned out the tub and put Mr. Freckles back in his home. That was a close call!  And that I why I am glad that Mom is going away for some R and R. It will be much safer without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment