Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I am a muse (not something that amuses mom!)

It is well known that I am quite an adorable example of a wire haired dachshund. In fact I am so agreeable to the eye, that I have been known to serve as a muse for artists. Mom tends to get this confused and tells me I am amusing. My bff Rigby's sister is one such artist. I thought she was just a genius with the camera, but no, she can draw too! So far she has created 3 wonderful drawings of me (although for some reason she tends to focus on my "angry" side).
(You can click on the image to make it larger)
Notice how in drawing 1 "Another angry Mecki" she expertly captures my nonstop wagging tail and my wiry coat!
In drawing 2 "A really bad drawing of Mecki" (notice the ironic use of bad), she expertly captures the bedhead that I have when exiting my condo in the morning and the slightly baleful look that I give Mom when she mocks me.
Drawing 3 " Mecki being led by a carrot on a stick. Why? Why not?" was just completed this morning. Notice how she captures how long I am plus the most excellent rendition of a carrot-you could almost reach out and eat it! Plus she absolutely captures the existentialist void that I am caught in. Truer words have never been spoken "Why? Why not". Precisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment