Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My clever plan discovered and neutralized by Mom

Today was a sad sad day. Usually I am totally in control and able to put one over on Mom. My cunning plans have always worked and enabled me to trick Mom. Today however, Mom put an end to my best trick. When Mom and I are in the kitchen together, it is fun. I get to eat with her, she gives me lots of scritches and belly rubs and all is well. Sadly, then at some point, Mom will want to leave. This is unacceptable! My plan to thwart this is as follows:
1. Mom gets up and walks towards the baby gate
2. I track her stealthily like a leopard
3. She stops in front of the gate and lifts her right leg to move over the gate
4. I break into a run, jump up and hit the back of her left knee (the only one on the ground) with my front paws-putting all my weight behind them
On a good day, the results are:
Mom's left knee gives way causing her to fall into the baby gate, knocking it over and ending up on the ground.
This: a) lets me escape the kitchen! and b) puts Mom on the ground so I can jump on her and lick her all over.
On a bad day:
I'm a little slow and only get her ankle or foot.

Today however, she ruined my trick forever! She headed towards the gate and I broke into a run. But instead of lifting her leg to go over the gate, she stopped dead in her tracks! This caused me to bounce off her in shock! The worst part was that she turned around and smirked at me before  leaving the kitchen. Now I have to come up with a new cunning plan to mess with Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment