Friday, April 18, 2014

One of my favorite times

I have many favorite times during the day: food time, the times when Mom opens the cheese drawer and sneaks me some cheese, nap time, crazy time, bark at Mom time, steal something I know I'm not allowed to have and run around with it time, antler time...but one of my favorite times happens in the morning. Sometimes, if I'm not overly noisy in the morning, Mom will get up, let me out, and put me on the bed. (Unlike Dad -who loves me more and -who lets me sleep in the bed when Mom is away). If I am lucky, I can run over to my spot (which Mom thinks is hers-how rude!) on the left side of the bed and lie down with my head on my pillows (which Mom also claims are hers). If not, I run up and lie between her and Dad. Regardless, I like to sneeze several times on Mom before settling down for a snooze. This morning I stuck my head under my pillows and licked the sheets. Mom was not happy and said I should do that on Dad's side, but I like to make my side soggy. Sometimes I practice my climbing skills on Mom but today I had bigger things in mind. Then I lay down with my moist nose firmly stuck on Mom's arm and sighed repeatedly so that her arm got warm-she couldn't move her arm cause I was lying on it (a brilliant move on my part). Then I practiced breathing (Mom calls it snoring) like Dad. First I make a couple of deep, loud breathes right into Mom's face. Then I hold my breath for a bit. Then more loud breathes in Mom's face. Then nothing until she thinks that I am not breathing. Then more loud, wet breathes. Eventually my plan works and Mom leaves the bed. This is good cause it is rather crowded with her in it. It's really just big enough for me and Dad. And honestly, she needs the extra time to go get ready for work cause her bedhead is way worse than mine, regardless of what she says.
My bedhead-NOTHING compared to what Mom wakes up with! I'll have to get Dad to snap a photo in the morning for comparison!

No comments:

Post a Comment