Sunday, April 27, 2014

The Bond between a Dog and his Dad

This is me last night-before all the pain and drama of today. Look how peaceful I am as I take a nap under my blanket with Dad's foot as my pillow!
Dad and I are super close! We bonded when I was just a very small puppy! Our birthdays are only 6 days apart. We can tell what the other is thinking!
   This morning Dad left early to go fight a house fire (cause that is what Dads do). He didn't bring me down cause he was in a rush to save lives. I whined and whined until Mom couldn't stand it anymore and got up to bring me downstairs. As we were going downstairs, I suddenly felt weird, like something was wrong with Dad. Then I fell down the last two steps and landed in a heap on the floor. Mom was very upset and felt my legs and back to make sure I was ok. I lay there for a while, trying to figure out what was wrong. Then I got up and we went outside. I did my business and then we went into the kitchen and Mom gave me some food and water. She went back upstairs cause she did not want to be up that early. In a little bit, the phone rang, Mom thought it was my Grandpa but it was Dad. He told her he was ok, but that he was in the emergency room. He had fallen through part of a floor while fighting the fire and hurt his ankle! I realized that must have been why I fell down the stairs. I had felt his fall and his pain and that was why I had to lie there a bit before getting up. I told Mom this but I'm not sure she really believes me. She did say that I did fall down the stairs probably around the same time that Dad fell, but she is not sure they are connected. Mom just doesn't want to believe that Dad and I are so in sync!

No comments:

Post a Comment