Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Great Escape!

Before I tell you about the Great Escape, I should mention that today was a most excellent day! I got mail! A postcard from my bff Rigby! He said he is a having a great vacation and having a lot of fun swimming (which I don't understand-water is NOT fun! unless it is snow or ice cubes, then it is awesome!).
   Now for what  happened yesterday. I was hanging out in the living room, taking a nap away from the noisy pup, Bastille. Dad came home so I ran to see him and we went out for a quick lunch time walk. He also said hello to Bastille, which was probably unnecessary as I am far cuter and less painful to play with. Then Dad left. I wandered back to the living room (grown-up territory-no PUPS allowed!). I was snoozing when all off a sudden I heard a thump, and then the pitter patter of tiny feet. I went into the kitchen to investigate and found Bastille running around! I tried to keep him herded into the kitchen but he was very persistant and invaded the living room. He was also very naughty and left several "presents" in the kitchen and living room for Mom to clean up. We spent some time playing until Mom came home to the suprise of our unscheduled and unsupervised playdate. The worst of all was that the rude little pup peed on my cushion that is under the kitchen table. I  don't think I want that cushion anymore!
   Mecki didn't mention it, but my name was on the postcard too! It is no fun being stuck in my pen, especially when Mecki doesn't hang out near me. So all day  yesterday, I waited for a chance to escape. Mom knows that I can jump out of my pen and so has attached two gates to keep me in. However, Mecki distracted Dad when he came home and when Dad left, there was a small gap in the gates. As soon as the front door closed, I jumped out of my crate and ran around the kitchen. I left Mom 2 suprises on the kitchen floor and then I ran and peed on Mecki's cushion-It's MY cushion now! Then I ran into the living room to play with Mecki. I also left  a couple of surprises in there too.After a couple of hours, Mecki heard Mom and ran into the kitchen to see her, I ran after cause I wanted to see Mom's reaction! She was surprised and not very amused at all. Mecki is right, Mom has NO sense of humor!
 Also, here is a video showing what will happen to you if you pee in your crate and Mom doesn't find out until too late! You will get a bath! And you also start getting dragged out of your crate in the wee hours to go outside in the dark! Neither  are  fun! Mecki is right, I don't know why Rigby likes to be in the water so much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment