Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A tale of two pups-one mean and one sweet

Well, it has been a grueling couple of weeks with Bastille. I try to play with him but he is all teeth and mouth and frankly it is a little scary! I try to keep him under control by herding him around and by grabbing his little legs (which look just like tasty antlers) and dragging him around. But he is sneaky and little and runs underneath me! Plus he won't share his crocodile toy! I let him chew on all my toys! And then, when we were lying on the couch, he bit me in the ear! I yelped, cause a) it was uncalled for! and b) puppies have VERY sharp teeth! So I jumped off the couch and barked at him. But then, with total disrespect, Bastille stood at the end of the couch and barked back at me! And snapped at me! I wandered off in search of safer, less painful play and to hunt for my antler which I can't find anywhere! I think Bastille took it.

I have been very depressed lately as AT and Julien are gone. Plus Bastille is getting all the treats and attention and all he does is make a mess everywhere! I don't even want to go upstairs into my crate at night anymore. Mom carries up Bastille (but I have to walk!) and I refuse to come. I wait for Dad to come home and then hang out with him -alone-like the good old  days! Sadly Dad forgets to walk me right before bed so when he puts me in my crate I have to whine until Mom gets up and takes me back downstairs and out for a walk. But I eat my treat first, in case she wants to give me another one when I get back in the crate! Plus Bastille wakes me up really early.

So, it has been a fun couple of weeks for me! I played two really good tricks on Mom. 
1. I dragged my metal leash (Mom and Dad are no dummies in that respect, even a piranha like me can't chew through metal) into my pen and pulled out all the plastic bags from the bag dispenser attached to it. I tossed them around the pen to decorate (they have a herringbone pattern which breaks up the wood and newspaper motif which Mom and Dad apparently decorate with). Mom was not amused.
2. For a couple of days, whenever Mom came into the kitchen, she would find fluff in my pen. She wondered where it was coming from, was Mecki bringing it to me? Well, in front of my pen is a fence held in place by a chair (cause I can totally jump out of the pen). On the chair is a cushion, which looks fine from above, but pick it up and look underneath and there is a BIG hole that I chewed and pulled out the fluff. How was I to know it was not a big chew toy!

Monday, we went for a ride to the library and I got to meet a bunch of people. They all thought I was very cute and gentle and sweet (which shows what a good actor I am!). Then Mom took me to the vet where they poked and prodded me and gave me 2 shots. The Dr. said it might make me a bit lethargic, but no such luck! I now weigh 7 3/4 lbs. Mom said I am a very good eater, but she also said piranhas are like that.

After toying with Mom for a couple of days, I decided to have pity on her and learn how to do half my bathroom stuff outside. But only cause she gives me tasty treats. Plus I am learning how to sit cause that also gets me treats. What does not get me treats? 
1. Biting Mom, Dad or Mecki
2. Barking and snapping at Mecki
3. Barking at Mom when she comes into the kitchen and doesn't immediately take me out and hug me
4. Barking angrily when my food is not delivered fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment