Saturday, April 18, 2015

Dog Days at Old Westbury Gardens-Part 1

I knew today was going to be awesome when I saw Mom approaching with both my harness and my big boy leash-the super long one! After Mom put my harness on, I ran around the living room howling and barking-all excited to get going. Mom got Bastille and put him on a short leash-HA! I thought, he won't be able to get anywhere! Then we got in the car and went to Old Westbury Gardens. After we parked and got out, there were dogs everywhere! I anxiously looked around for my bff Rigby and his family, but didn't see them. I have to warn them about Bastille, I thought, and dragged Mom towards our meeting spot, Rigby's wall. Everyone was there! Rigby, his Ma and Pa and Grace! I got to say hello to everyone while Mom stood behind the wall. Bastille tried his hardest to jump up on the wall and almost made it several times-all the while he was shrieking and carrying on. Mom managed to take a few photos, but I'm sure Grace took some too!
Mecki was barking and howling and I had no idea what was going on. Mom took us out to the car and we went for a ride. When we got out there were tons of people and tons of dogs! I didn't know who to chomp on first! We walked up to a wall and I saw Grace and her family.Then I saw a blond head. That must be Mecki's bff Rigby I thought, should I tell him that I've replaced him? I tried to get over the wall to exert my dominance but it was a little too high. Grace was very impressed with my upper body strength though and my lungpower (I was shrieking a bit). It was a very hot day and Dad made me take a lot of water breaks which was really nice of him.

 Here I am hanging out with Rigby and his PA-notice how we are in the shady bits-it was hot out! I thought Bastille was going to explode from the heat!




 Here comes Dad and Bastille tromping through the daffodils! Rigby and I prefer to do other things to the daffodils. I got to stomp through flowers! That was awesome!




 And best of all, here is Bastille being tormented by Mom and being stuck in the same tree Mom stuck me in last year! I looked much cuter of course. In fact, here are my tree photos from last year just so you can see how much cuter I am!


And now Bastille in the same tree...






Mecki better not be laughing at me. I will chomp on him!

 And finally, here I am getting my well deserved belly rubs from Rigby's MA and Grace. It always makes people feel better to rub my belly!


No comments:

Post a Comment