Sunday, April 19, 2015

Dog Days Part Zwei (or Deux if you're Bastille)

Have I ever mentioned how exhausting having fun is? Yesterday was Dog Days and I am still tuckered out. Last night I was too tired to go upstairs to bed with Mom, so I stayed with Dad. Mom came down at 3:30am , took me out for a walk and then had to carry me upstairs cause I collapsed at the foot of the stairs. I don't know how Bastille still had energy last night. When we got home, Mom gave us some peanut butter ice cream! I sat there and licked mine until it was gone. Bastille grabbed the entire ice cream in his mouth and ran around trying to chew and swallow.
   It was a lot of fun, and I think by the end, Bastille was too tired to try to eat everyone! Grace took some really good photos of me (It helps that I am so photogenic) and I even let her photograph my face (we all know that my bottom is the most represented in photos!). Here I am in all my glory!

 I like hanging out under the bench Mom is sitting on, cause it's nice and cool under there. Plus some people came by with a smaller long haired dachshund and recognized what I was!
 Here I am making people happy by letting them give me belly rubs-good for lowering blood pressure too! Mom is always surprised by how blond I am when upsidedown.



And of course there are some photos of me and my bff (he could be a professional model! He always strikes the perfect pose!)

It is also amazing how many cousins Rigby meets, they are everywhere! Bastille even met some cousins! I only meet very distant cousins as there are not a lot of wire haired standard dachshunds around!



 Here a boxer puppy tried to come between me and my bff! I sprang into action to protect him!

Oh yeah, Grace took some of Bastille too, but I'll let him discuss them.
Finally! Mecki talks way too much. There are some good photos of me too!
 I spent most of my time trying to get to Rigby! For some reason, he wanted nothing to do with me! I think Mecki has been spreading rumors about me being a piranha and a vampire! Plus Mom brought the super short leash so I had to stretch out as far as I could to even get close!




 Finally I got his attention! He was pretty much pretending not to see me!

 Still trying to get to Rigby! Have to look both ways before crossing! It was a super hot day and I have to thank Dad for stopping to give me frequent water and breathing breaks!


 What is Mom's obsession with trees? Although I did kinda like being up high and if no one was holding my leash I probably could have climbed to the top of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment