Monday, April 6, 2015

The Night began well....

Last night started really well. Bastille and I had gotten some bacon earlier in the day, some ham-all was well with the universe. Mom took Bastille outside for his last walk and took him upstairs leaving me alone with Dad. That was great! I got to lie on the couch and snuggle with Dad all night long (cause Dad doesn't like to go up to bed!) We're just gonna hang out here and fight the dawn I thought. But eventually Dad got up and took me outside. Then we went upstairs and Dad took off my leash and collar. He went into the bathroom and then went into the bedroom and closed the door. I was perplexed by this as I had been in the hall snuffling under Grandpere's door to see if he was there. I sat in the hall for a few minutes and then remembered that Mom usually leaves a treat in my crate. So I walked over, bumped the bedroom door open with my snout and moseyed in. Apparently opening the door startled Mom and Dad as they both popped up in bed. I stopped a minute then walked over to my crate making tick tick tick noises on the wooden floor. Sadly, Dad had locked my crate! And I wasn't even in it! I sat outside looking sadly at my treat. Dad got up, turned on the lights and seemed surprised that I was there. Mom started laughing and said , "I can't believe you locked him out of the room and out of his crate!". Dad opened my crate and I walked in, grabbing my treat on the way. I lay down and crunched my cookie while Dad locked the crate, turned off the light and shut the door. I bet that doesn't happen to Bastille I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment