Sunday, February 17, 2013

Still an Orphan

I still can't find Dad. It is very sad to be an orphan at so young an age. Yesterday, I even looked in the backyard to see if he was hiding there. Instead I found some frozen compost which although it was fun to play with, did not replace Dad. Then I saw Mom with her coat on, her keys and my leash. Perhaps we're going to find Dad I thought. I ran over to let Mom hook my leash up. We got in the car and drove. We stopped at a house and I sniffed around and got all excited cause it was Grandpa's house! He opened the door and I got to say hello! Mom wouldn't let me stay and play cause she is mean. We got back in the car and drove some more. When we got out of the car, I realized that we were at Belly Rub Central (aka the Library where Mom works!). I was very excited and wondered which of my friends would be there. We went inside and I saw Grace! I was very excited and I ran over to bounce all over her! Grace gave me a big biscuit (not like the tiny ones that Mom buys for me ). I saw my Aunt Joan (who had baby carrots for me!), Gary, Rita B., Theresa, Evelyn, Lori and Jason. I got a lot of belly rubs (it's a law that I must get a certain amount to keep my energy levels up). Mom and I left and went home.
    Mom was watching movies so I lay on the couch and took a snooze. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door! Maybe it's Dad I thought as I flew off the couch and rushed to the door. It wasn't Dad but it was close. It was my Grandpere! I got some more belly rubs, but he didn't stay long. Then I discovered that Mom had sewed up all my toys while I was sleeping! That was awesome, so I immediately chewed open 3 and pulled all the stuffing out. Yesterday would have been the best day ever if only Dad were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment