Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Great Escape!-Part 1

Last night I finally go to put all my planning and plotting to work! Mom brought me upstairs and put me in my crate. I noticed that she did not jiggle my crate door to check it, and I had to stop myself from bouncing around in my crate with excitement. I waited for Mom to fall asleep which didn't take long. Then! The moment I'd been waiting for! I threw myself (quietly) against the crate door until it popped open and then I carefully crept out. FREEDOM! What to do first I pondered. I snuck around the bed and sniffed for something good to chew on. I found one of Dad's sock and chewed on that for a while, then I threw caution to the wind and ran madly around the room. Unfortunately, I made some noise and Mom woke up. She lay there for a while trying to figure out what the noise was and where it was coming from. Oh no! I realized that I had forgotten to shut the crate door back up.  Mom rolled over and felt the front of the crate and realized the door was open. Now she knew I had escaped. I didn't move a muscle until she got out of bed and went to turn the light on. Then I grabbed her flip flop and ran for the safety of the closet. She cornered me in the closet and put me in front of my crate.  I didn't want to go back in, but she made me! Then Dad came in the room. Mom was laughing when she told him of my great escape. I was mad that I was back in my crate, so I just lay there and grumbled and plotted my next escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment