Sunday, October 9, 2011

Such a big day for such a small dog

First I have to tell you about last night. I made Mom laugh. She had dropped the cardboard roll from the tinfoil package and I grabbed it before she could. That makes it mine. I was happily chewing away when Mom decided to take me for a walk. She put on my leash and I got up, still with half the roll in my mouth. I walked over to the shelves in the kitchen and put the roll there for later. Mom was very amused.
Here I am eating breakfast al fresco in the orchard!

They say that owners start to resemble their pets. I think Dad has to work more on his scruffiness.


Dad went through every big mud puddle he could find-unfortunately Mom had her window open and got splattered. Dad and I laughed. Mom just sighed.
    This morning Mom and Dad got up at the same time! I knew that I was in for an adventure! Mom brought me downstairs and took me out for a walk. I tried to get in the car but she wouldn't put me in. She didn't give me breakfast either. We walked around a bit and then Dad came out and we got into the car. We drove for a long time. Then we got out and walked around while Dad got a bagel and got back into the car. We drove some more. Then I smelled really good smells-like apples! We got out of the car and it smelled like apples, and there were lots of apples on the ground, plus a lot of good smelling mud so I rolled a little in it. Mom and Dad picked a lot of apples and I ran around in the tall grass and sniffed everything. Then we got back in the car and went to a place with a  lot of people. There were people everywhere! There should be a lot of belly rubs here I thought. But I was wrong. Only 1 man and 3 kids bothered to pet me. Then we got back in the car and drove for a long time again. When Mom took me out, we were at the dog park! I was tired and hot so I only ran around a little. Then we went home. Mom gave me a frosty paws cause I looked so hot-it was yummy. Then I lay down and took a nap for a while. It was a very big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment