Monday, November 25, 2013

Just doing my job

In case you don't know, my Dad is a volunteer firefighter. I'm a junior firefighter and I take my job VERY seriously. Dad says that I am better than a fire alarm. When they use the fire pit outside, I get very upset cause they never put a bucket of water next to it. I usually hide by the kitchen door.  On Saturday, Mom decided to bake some cookies. She put them in the oven and then she went out to get bagels. Well, the parchment paper started smoking and her cookies started burning. Smoke makes me very nervous. I started  howling and barking to get Dad's attention! The smoke alarm didn't even go off, but I was on the job. I barked and howled and made such a fuss that Dad came downstairs. He took Mom's cookies out of the oven and put them outside, and left the door open so the smoke would clear. Then he let me come upstairs with him to the non-smoky area. When Mom came home she was very confused as to why her cookies were sitting outside. I came down to show her all the burnt bits but she wouldn't let me eat any! She did give me a dog biscuit for my good fire alarm skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment