Friday, November 8, 2013

So alone

Yesterday I was so alone. Mom went out, then went upstairs without even bringing me with her. Then she came down, walked me and took off. I saw her again briefly at dinner. Then she left and didn't return until hours later. This made me sad, bored, lonely and angry. When she finally came home, she brought my dinner into the living room. I ate quickly then sat in front of Mom and barked. When she got up, I bit her pants and bumped the back of her leg. Take that, I thought-you left me alone all day and now you refuse to play with me! Mom tricked me onto the couch with the fake promise of a fake snack. Betrayed I thought. Then she put my leash on and brought me outside. I was full of energy and just wanted to run and let out my inner wolf. I ran in circles around Mom. Mom sighed and dragged me back inside. We went into the kitchen and she grabbed a handfull of cookies. I ran up the stairs cause I was hoping she'd give me a whole cookie for good behavior. But no, she only gave me a piece and locked me in my condo.
    Today has been no better. There is no late morning visit from Dad. I don't know where he is. Mom came home at lunch at gave me some cheese. I accepted her peace offering and did not try to knock her over. Maybe tonight we'll play.

No comments:

Post a Comment