Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sick as a Me!

Before we discuss the horrible events of my sickness, Mom finally found photos of me from my first baseball game in Cleveland!
 Me and my "little brother" AT walk around the field.

Puppy Palooza! Walking around the field!

 The typical bottom shot! With AT and Dad! (Who was wearing a Mets shirt to an Indians game)

 As everyone knows, I HATE water. But it was so hot that I was forced to throw myself into the water bowl.
Now on to my sad sad night. I have not been feeling well. Be warned that this post will be disgusting! I had thrown up several times and was therefore banished to the kitchen. Mom and Dad came home at the same time last night.  I really really needed to go outside, I was NOT feeling well. Dad thought all my noise meant that I wanted to come into the living room, so he let me out (Mom was not happy and then she got even less happy). I ran into the living room and threw up behind the couch. Mom did not appreciate that. She chased me out and started cleaning, but then something horrible happened! My other end exploded too-all over the living room floor (I have only done that once before as a very little pup, and this time it was much much worse). Mom was really unhappy and scooped me up as AT had wisely exited the room! She put me outside and started cleaning the other mess.
Then she came outside to see me. My stomach was still hurting a lot and I was trying really hard to get rid of it. (Now for the yucky part). Mom saw some blood and freaked out (You know how she is with AT's nosebleeds!). She made Dad call the vet and she scooped me up in  towel and we went to the vet.  The vet squeezed my belly, took my temperature (which was quite rude) and then gave me shot! Then they weighed me and I am back to 25 lbs. They said I seemed ok and probably had  just broken some blood vessels when straining (I tried not to listen) and had probably eaten something gross (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Captain Crunch that AT dropped on the floor for me). I got some special canned food and a bottle that makes noise when you shake it and also gives me cheese. Canned dog food is WAY better than kiibble! And I got some rice and after Mom shook the bottle, I got some cheese (which was yummy but seemed to have something crunchy in the middle). Then I got to lie on Mom and Dad's lap the entire night until we went to bed.
P.S. Mom wasn't mad at me, she said it wasn't my fault. 

No comments:

Post a Comment