Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Benefits of Brotherhood (and a guest blogger)

Being a big brother is very cool and it comes with a LOT of benefits!
1. You get double the attention that you got before!
2. You get to do everything first! When Mom and Dad come home, they say hello to you first, you get let out of the crate first (although I could do without being stuck in the crate first), you get your food and water first...
3. People bring you presents. Yesterday Grandma Linda came over and brought me an awesome stuffed squeaky toy! Since I am the older brother now, I was polite and did not rip it to shreds in front of her. (I waited until she went home). Now it is on Mom's sewing pile. Mom came home with a huge (or maybe Rigby sized!) dog biscuit for me from Grace! It was super tasty!

I'm starting to get used to my little brother. He keeps freaking me out though. I'll be hanging out by his pen sniffing around and keeping an eye on him, and he will suddenly pop up and say hi! It is quite disturbing! Plus he keeps trying to lick me. Doesn't he know about air kisses! I will have to teach him. Mom seems to be settling in although she woke me up at 4am this morning. Apparently Bastille was crying and she went to take him downstairs-only she is very uncoordinated and after she got him out, she tripped over his crate (knocking his door off) and then fell into the tv. Fortunately Bastille was ok, but a little scared. Anyway, Mom took a lot of videos  (as usual) so here they are. After the videos, I told Mom she could write something for Bastille.

Hi, my name is Bastille and my big brother Mecki said I could share his blog. As I am very new to the family, I don't have that much to say. Mom scared me this morning but I got over that. Right now I am just trying to get used to everyone, especially my big brother. I've been practicing my bouncing so I can pop up in the pen to see him. Sometimes he sticks his head in to say hi. At night he gets to sleep in a big big crate. Mine is smaller but it faces his so if I get scared at night I can see him and I feel better. He is very noisy, so I have been practicing being  noisy too. Last night when everyone went away, I practiced my noises. I said, "OW OW OW OW OW!!!" all very loudly. Dad said that the police were going to break down the door to see who was getting a beating! So far I have been hanging out with Mecki and AT. At night I get to snooze on Mom or Dad. Yesterday I met my Grandma Linda who brought me a blue teddy bear to chew on. And Mom gave me a green crocodile from Grace. Mom said that I would like Grace's brother Rigby, but that poor Rigby wouldn't know what to do with 2 rats jumping all over him!

No comments:

Post a Comment