Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Parkour anyone?

Mom said that I would be perfect as a parkour athlete. I didn't know what that was so she looked it up for me:
Parkour (abbreviated PK) is a training method which focuses on rational movement in both the natural and urban environments. The focus is to move around obstacles with speed and efficiency. Developed in France, the main purpose of the discipline is to teach participants how to move through their environment by vaulting, rolling, running, climbing and jumping. Parkour practitioners are known as traceurs. They train to be able to identify and utilize alternate, more efficient paths. Parkour can be practiced anywhere, but areas dense with obstacles offer many training opportunities.
Mom said that the way I hurdle the ottoman , leap on and off the couch, and use my bed as a springboard definitely qualifies me for the sport. I just like to keep fit! It is very helpful when I am trying to run away from her or Dad. AT is very good at catching me, Mom and Dad less so. And now with my bed blocking the other end of the couch, it isn't as easy to run back and catch me. Mom even put a chair on the ottoman to block it, but I saw an hole and squeezed through it!
      I do like my new bed though. I wish I had more access to it. Saturday night I was downstairs waiting for Dad to take me for my walk. He was on the computer so I lay on my bed and took a nap. It was so comfortable that I didn't want to get up, even when Dad was talking to me. Plus Mom put my antler and my toys on the bed so I have stuff to play with. If only she was quicker in picking up my toys and putting them back when they fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment