Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dog Park

Yesterday Mom and Dad took me to the dog park. I was a little aprehensive about going in, but they didn't give me a choice. First we went to the small dog park. None of the little dogs wanted to play (and they were all VERY small). It made me feel like a mastiff! Then Mom and Dad took me over to the large dog park. There was  pug in there and a beagles but most of the dogs were big. A puppy that was about my size came over and barked at me. I did not appreciate that at all-after all I was his elder! So I barked and growled at him! Then I hid behind Mom. So we went back to the small dog park. Some new dogs had come in. There were two dachshund-the tiny kind-a smooth hair and a long hair. They were not very friendly. In fact, the smooth one had been in the obediance class with me at Petco! Mom whispered to me that I was in MUCH better shape than that one. It was used to being carried around and was a bit chubby. In fact, it's Dad told it they were going for a run and then PICKED it up and ran around with it! I could not believe that! Mom and Dad were appalled! Then I found a smallish dog named Hollister who wanted to play so we ran around for a while. It was fun!
    Mom gave me a treat in the car for being a good boy! She told me that next weekend, she might have a big surprise for me, but that I would have to be good the whole week! That might be hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment