Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Proper Dinner Ettiquette!

Before I start the real reason behind today's blog, Mom took some photos of me at lunch-enjoying the spring sun in my favorite spot next to the daffodils. Or at least I was until she came out and started bothering me.
 


















Now I can start. The hardest part about taking care of Mom and Dad is definitely at dinner time. I don't understand at all why they take so long to get to the table. Usually I lie right outside the kitchen while either Mom or Dad are cooking. I don't like to come in cause a)usually they lock me in the kitchen with them or b) they insist of frying something which makes scary noises, smoke (which I HATE), and sometimes things jump out of pan and hurt me. I lie there, supervising, making sure dinner is being made. I don't really have anything profound to do until either Mom or Dad say that "dinner is ready". That is when I spring into action! My job is to ensure that everyone there makes it either into the kitchen or dining room to eat! You would think that this would be an easy job, but no, people are soooooooooo slow! I run back and forth between the room and whoever is there, barking, to let them know it is time to move! Yet they sit on the couch ignoring me. This makes me mad as I am starving! I can't eat until everyone is at the table! If it's Mom sitting on the couch I bite her pants to show her who the real boss is. Finally when people get up, I can lead them to dinner. It is a thankless job. Although, Dad was quite nice a couple of days ago as he knocked some parmesan cheese off the counter onto the floor for me. Mom was mean and told me to "leave it". I was good and obeyed. What did I get in return? She  picked up almost all the cheese and I only got to lick up a few bits of cheese. Life is very frustrating when you are trying to be a good pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment