Thursday, April 19, 2012

I dream of the backyard

This morning I was downstairs all by myself (except when Dad appeared to play with me) for a long long time. I didn't eat cause I was too lonely. Then I heard a noise. I thought it was Dad and got all excited, but no, it was only Mom. She sat down and ate with me. Then we went outside. Then we went into the backyard so I could play. I found a plastic plant holder and grabbed and ran around growling. Mom went to dig in the garden and I ran over to  help her, but it just made her mad! She lured me inside with a treat. NOT FAIR! But she left the kitchen gate open so I could play with my antler. Then she opened the door and I ran right out! I ran over to where I used to sit on a plant and eat some grass-but the plant and the grass are gone! Now there is just a tall stick there. And a puddle! I stuck my paws in the puddle and Mom yelled at me. I ran away and jumped in the raised bed where she had been digging. There were some holes and the fresh dirt smelled so good that I started digging a huge hole. Then I jumped in the air, ran around the garden and ran over to Mom and grabbed her pant leg and pulled and growled. Mom was unhappy again and tricked me inside again! How does she do that! She knows I am a slave to my tummy and the thought of treats gets me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment