Tuesday, May 8, 2012

All casual like..

Last night Mom and I had a disagreement about my supposed naughty behavior. We were out on a walk, scouting for bunnies and squirrels when the call of the wild hit me! I had a burst of energy and ran like a crazy dog to the end of my leash in every direction possible. When done properly, the momentum created by hitting the end of the leash (due to Mom refusing to move) turns you around and gives you a head start in the opposite direction! It is a LOT of fun-at least for me. Mom says it is just me being naughty and trying to pull her arm out of the socket. That is not true although it would be an interesting side effect. Then I could run around with Mom's arm dragging behind me! Because I was "naughty", Mom put me on my metal leash-the one I can't chew through. It is very heavy-like dragging a prison ball and chain behind me all the time! But I can still manage to grab my antler and jump on the couch. I was lying there, next to Mom when I heard a noise by the basement door. I jumped off the couch and ran to investigate. It was DAD! He came upstairs with a basket of laundry and put it by the stairs going up to bed. There is nothing quite like freshly cleaned laundry-all neat and tidy and bundled up for your convenience. I have to play this cool, I thought to myself. Usually I just grab something and run behind the couch-that just announces to everyone that I have something. I looked around. Dad was in the kitchen and Mom was reading something. Now's my chance I thought. I casually strolled over to the laundry basket as if I didn't have a care in the world. I eased around the side and found a nice sized rolled of pair of socks-Dad's are tasty! This pair fit nicely in my mouth. Now to go lie down under Mom's feet so she can't see what I'm chewing! I casually sauntered back into the living room but unfortunately Mom looked up. She thought I had my antler so she went back to reading but then did a double take. She looked again and saw socks and started laughing. Dad came out of the kitchen to see what was up. He was not amused. He told Mom to get the socks away from me. Mom sighed and came after me. I had forgetten about the ball and chain and ran to get away but she grabbed the leash and did sock removal.
    I was so tired after all that , that I jumped up on the couch (Dad had stolen my spot-I usually lie between them for double the belly rubs) and took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment