Thursday, May 10, 2012

Checking Mom for food

Last night I ate dinner in the kitchen with Dad, only he wasn't eating! I thought that was kinda weird. Then we went out into the living room and I tried to find my missing antler. Mom wasn't home but then all of a sudden she appeared in the living room! I never even heard  her come in! Mom said that I was shirking my guarding duties, so I barked at her. She sat down on the couch next to Dad and I heard her say one of my favorite words-FOOD! I'll bet she has food, I thought and she's probably going to give some to Dad. I jumped up on Mom and put my front feet on  her shoulders so that I could sniff and lick her face.There's got to be food somewhere around here I thought, but I couldn't find any.
       This morning I had to spend all by myself in the kitchen. No Mom or Dad to eat with, so I didn't eat! Then Mom came and we went for a long walk. I didn't want to walk so I kept flopping down on the grass. I misjudged though, cause I flopped down too near the edge and rolled right off the grass onto the road. Mom laughed (which was RUDE) so I glared at her from the road. We went home and I flopped down right inside the gate to the backyard, so Mom let me off my leash. I found her gardening gloves on the grass and grabbed one. I ran around growling and throwing the glove around. Mom shook my package of beggin strips at me but I wasn't coming in. Finally I got bored, so the next time she offered a beggin strip, I ran inside. By then I was hungry and ate my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment