Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Full Weekend

Yesterday Mom and Dad got up early. Mom put a new harness on me, but I knew it still meant we were going somewhere. They took forever to let me in the car. But they put me in the back seat! I was not happy about this. Don't  they know I belong in the front to help navigate? We drove around and around. Finally we got out of the car. Dad was carrying a saw. We walked across the street to a forest that had a lot of people in it. I got to ride in a cart (I didn't really like it). Finally the cart stopped and let all the people off. Mom, Dad, and I walked into the forest. There were a lot of trees and a lot of good smells. Mom and Dad stopped by one tree and tied one of my "pick up after your dog" bags on it. Then we walked around some more. Then we walked back to that tree. Dad put down a blanket and lay down on the ground with his saw. He was busy for a while but then all of a sudden the tree fell down! Dad was mad cause Mom wouldn't yell timber. Dad grabbed his stuff and the tree and we walked over to a road. There was another dog there, but I couldn't play with her, cause the owner said she was a little unpredicable. The cart came back and took our tree and us. When we got off , they wrapped up our tree and Dad tied it to the car. Then we got back in the car. Not a bad day I thought as I lay in the back with a new toy Dad had bought me. I was , however, very WRONG!
     We stopped at a pet store on the way home. There were lots of dogs outside waiting to be adopted. Mom had to drag Dad away from them. We walked into the store, and there was Santa! I better be good, I thought! Dad took me into a little room where I could hear dogs barking. I wondered why Mom wasn't here. A nice girl took my leash and took me away.Maybe I'm getting a treat I thought. Unfortunately I was wrong. The girl shaved my bottom instead! This had to be Mom's doing! We got back in the car and Mom gave me a treat.  We drove home and I watched Mom and Dad decorate the tree. They put some dogs on the tree that looked just like me! Then I went into the computer room with Dad and chilled. All of a sudden Mom came in and grabbed me! She brought me into the bathroom and took off my collar. Oh no I thougth, she must be giving me a bath! And I was right. She stuck me in the tub and poured water and shampoo all over me! I cried pitifully, but Dad did not come rescue me. Finally she was done tormenting me and Dad came in to cuddle me and dry me. I think that next year Mom and Dad can go get a tree without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment