Monday, September 19, 2011

Self Service

Last night Dad let me go outside and play in the back yard. I was feeling a bit peckish so I went over and grabbed a tomato to eat. Dad was surprised and yelled at me to get out of the tomato area. Mom was amused cause she had given me a tomato a couple of days ago but I hadn't seemed to like it. Well I do like it-not as much as carrots, but a tomato now and then isn't bad-plus I can pick them myself. Maybe Mom should grow carrots next year!
   This morning I lay there while Mom opened my crate and just looked at her. I came halfway out and did my yoga and stretching. Mom brought me downstairs and we went outside. She pulled out some old sunflowers and it left a big hole. So I went to investigate the hole. When we came inside, Mom made me breakfast and put some carrots in with my kibble and "gravy". I ate all my breakfast so she gave me some carrots and a tomato. I ate those all up. Then she put a rug down in my spot by the pantry. I went over and sniffed it. She told me to lie down so I lay down on it. I tried to chew it but she said no. I guess she wants me to be more comfortable, but I like lying on the floor. Mom said that I was a very good boy this morning since I didn't bark at her or try to eat her pant legs. I think Dad is still home so maybe I'll get to play with him at lunch if he's feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment