Saturday, June 18, 2011

Beware of Pickpockets

Last night it was very stormy out-a very blustery night with thunder and lightning and rain. Mom and Dad sat on the floor and played with me. I practiced my free running by climbing on them , jumping off, jumping over, tunneling under Dad's shirt, walking on Mom's back.... We had a lot of fun. When it was done, Dad got up and sat back on the couch. Mom was sitting on the floor with me. I was lying on the floor trying to cool down when I spied something that looked tasty on the floor. I looked around to make sure no one else had noticed it and would try to beat me to it. I got up and had a shake, then nonchalantly wandered over to it (wishing I could whistle in an "I'm not up to anything " manner), and grabbed up Dad's wallet. No one  was looking! It was my lucky break! I casually sauntered past Mom, jauntily trotting along into the kitchen. Mom saw me with the wallet in my mouth and started laughing. I heard her ask Dad if he knew where his wallet was. I stopped to watch and see what would happen. Dad looked at me. Then he got up from the couch and chased me into the kitchen, then out to the living room. I let him corner me behind the couch finally and he got his wallet back. Mom was still laughing! The way I saw it was that Dad had grabbed me earlier and cleaned my ears (which were perfectly happy being dirty!) so he owed me something for not nibbling on him! A few bucks could buy a new toy or some more snacks!
    This morning when Mom brought me downstairs, she was very mean, She was playing with the doorbell-trying out different sounds. I thought that someone was at the door! So I howled and barked cause I thought it might be my grandpa. Then I realized it was just Mom. I barked at her and then she sewed up my big pink bobo which made me happy. She said that she would go out and buy me a new harness today as mine broke last night. She doesn't like to walk me with my leash attached to the collar cause I pull too much and she thinks I'll hurt my throat and neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment