Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Table for One

It's very lonely eating by oneself. Sometimes in the morning, Mom will move my bowl of food next to her so that I can eat while she does dishes. When she doesn't, I just look at my bowl sadly and lie down under the table. Then Mom will come and sit on the floor next to my bowl and I'll run over and eat happily. Dinner is much lonelier. Mom gives me my food and then she and Dad go hide in another room to eat. It's quite rude. They should let me in there to pick up whatever falls on the floor. I refuse to eat my food alone. So I wait for Mom or Dad to come back to the kitchen. Sometimes Mom will come in and play the food game with me. I sit with my nose touching the floor and she flicks kibble at me. When it comes close I eat it. She's very sneaky though, sometimes she flicks it not far from the bowl and then I end up moving closer. Sometimes she lets me eat out of her hand (but don't tell Dad!). Food just tastes better when you eat it with company.

No comments:

Post a Comment