Monday, June 13, 2011

Variety is the spice of life

Dad was upset because there are more snacks in the house for me than for him. I would gladly share my snacks with Dad cause sometimes he gives me some of his cheese! I've decided though that dog biscuits, heart cookies, apples, carrots and beggin' strips don't offer me enough variety snackwise. Mom and Dad are always eating food that smells really good!  So I decided to hunt for new things to eat. I would have to be quick and stealthy, cause Mom doesn't drop that much stuff on the floor and the new garbage can makes it too hard to open and get at the tasty food inside. When Mom took me outside to play I sampled some newly grown blades of grass and hunted down some ants (they could use a chocolate coating!). Then I noticed a dandelion puff cheekily waving at me-so I ran over, pounced and chomped it down. Later when Dad was unpacking groceries a beet leaf fell on the floor. No one noticed so I ran over and ate it. Then when Mom as washing dishes, she emptied out the drain of soapy blueberries and carrot bits. When she went to throw it out  (instead of giving it to me!! her starving puppy!) one lone blueberry fell on the floor and I ate it. This new variety of snacks gave me lots of energy! When Mom took me out for a walk, I dragged her across the street so I could say hello to my friend Chief. Then I dragged her around the block. I was mad when we came down our road cause she wouldn't let me go play with Molly. I was still rambunctious when we came inside and I ran around barking and nipping at her, so I was banished to the kitchen until I calmed down. I plotted how to appear calm and nonchalant until they let me out, then I ran around barking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment