Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Scary Night with Mom

Well, Mom finally let me into the living room last night and I started right in on barking and nipping at her clothes. Usually she just chases me around (which is so much fun as I am so much faster than her) but last night she did something scary! She got down on all fours, growled at me, and chased me into the kitchen. I ran and hid under the table so she couldn't get me. I listened and looked but I didn't see her. So I ran back towards the kitchen door, only when I got close she jumped into the kitchen! This startled me so I ran back under the table. Then I crept out to see if she was gone. I crept closer and closer to the door, then she popped into the kitchen again. She looked at me and said "Baroo?" I looked at her and then ran back under the table. She disappeared. But every time I got close to the door she would reappear. It was very scary. Finally she came in the kitchen and scooped me up and let me cuddle with her on the couch. That was fine for about 10 seconds, but I could see my rope toy on the floor and it was desperately calling for me to chew it into pieces. I wiggled around until she put me down and then I attacked the toy. I chewed off  the rope ball so that the toy was in two pieces now-the ball and the rope in a loop. Then Mom grabbed the loop part and wiggled it in front of me, so I had to attack! I tried to pull it away from her, but she wouldn't let go! She kept telling me to drop but I wanted to win, so I wasn't going to drop. Mom cheated by offering me a carrot so I dropped the rope. Then she threw the rope in the corner and I chewed on it quietly for a while.
   My plan of Mom aggravation at the moment is to wait until she is in the kitchen with me and then opens up the gate to the living room. While she is busy in the kitchen, I run into the living room, leap onto the couch and eat whatever is on it. It could be mail, a newspaper, a pillow, a remote-it doesn't really matter what it is as long as I can aggravate Mom by eating it. Of course when I do this Mom chases me around and then puts me back in the kitchen-but it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment